Esquimalt Ribfest Volunteer Registration
“Volunteers are not paid – not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless”
Are you interested in supporting your community or simply being involved in a fun event that supports various programs in your city? This three-day event is packed with fun for people of all ages and volunteers, that is YOU, are the key to the success of this event. Come lend us a hand and have some fun!
You will receive an Official Ribfest T-shirt when you check in for your first shift and a free pulled pork sandwich voucher when you have completed your shift! One shirt and voucher per volunteer.
Plus you get the satisfaction of helping many great community charities.
Check out groups we support.
Have a look in the right column see all the fun things you can make a difference with and sign up today.
Excited about being a volunteer?
Sign up here!
The signup process has the following steps:
Read the job descriptions carefully to make sure you are able to do the task.
Open the job description on the right side of the page by clicking on it.
You will be disappointed if you assume you can do any task you wish. Some tasks have conditions.
Complete your contact info, click the next button.
Each day – Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday – has its own page. Check the boxes of the job and the hours on the day you want to volunteer. The next button moves you to the next page. Look to see if the shifts are already filled. Click the next button.
Jobs are filled on a first come first served basis.
You may be asked to move from one task to another depending on the needs of the day.
Thanks, The volunteer Team
Click to open and get the details
A goal of ours at Ribfest is to have an eco-friendly event. Garbage and recycling are an important part of hosting thousands of people over the weekend. Keeping the site clean and free of litter makes the festival environment more enjoyable for everyone.
Volunteers for G&R will be doing the following tasks:
- Directing patrons to which bin takes, which items. (Harder than you think)
- Picking up litter
- Emptying bins as they fill and depositing full bags in the appropriate containers
- Driving the Gator
- Be able to stand, walk and lift weight up to 50 lbs
- Selling tokens for alcoholic beverages
- Handling cash and giving change
- Must be age 19 or greater
- Must be able to count money and provide change accurately
- Must be able to handle busy time pressures
- Must be 19 years or older
- May be required to request ID
- Table clearing and Cleaning
- To clear tables and to wipe them with cleaner
- All cleaning items provided
- Assist with garbage pickup and recycling
- To assist in children’s crafts, games, and play.
- Doing all things kid.
- Be a kid yourself.
Duties include collecting payment for game; game referee; cleaning and ensuring proper storage and use of bubble balls. Must know the rules of the game and have some experience with refereeing the game.
- Security volunteers will observe and report any behaviour that is unsafe or inappropriate to the professional security team on hand.
- They will also direct people to use the correct gates and assist patrons by answering questions.
- Must be an adult and learn about the Ribfest event.
The Media Team are volunteers who will be taking pictures and posting to social media during the event. They will have some special instruction and have Ribfest Media passes.
Thursday and Monday are putting it together and later taking it apart. Here is a list of some of the tasks:
- Power and water
- Water Stations
- Stage set up & Tent
- Fencing, tables, chairs
- Lighting for beer garden
- Tables & Chairs
- Garbage & Recycling